Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Deadline and a Name?

A Deadline 

How do you handle a quilt deadline, or any deadline for that matter?  Well, I usually set about a plan and am finished long before the looming deadline.  Today, I have a quilt deadline.  I need to have my little cowboy, grandson quilt completed and presented on October 8.    I started the design process one month ago today.   I have been drawing,  making patterns, measuring, sewing, cutting, marking like a mad woman and finally have the quilt basted and ready to quilt.  I usually take my time in this process, enjoying each segment.  One month for the whole thing!  For me this is a record!  And one week I was without a sewing machine!  Now, only 3 weeks left according to my self-imposed deadline and all I need to do is machine quilt it.  I have never machine quilted before, so this might present the ultimate challenge.  We shall see.  Then on to bind it, wash it and wrap it! 

And a name?  ….

Our son and precious DDIL have decided on a name for our grandson!  Can you guess what it is?  Three guesses….


 



I just KNEW you'd be able to guess it! :)  LUKE!


Not sure how I will quilt it.  I must make it easy, since I have no idea what I am doing.  I am thinking of outlining everything and then diagonal stitching around.  I know, not very exciting, but I will just be so happy if it turns out!   Think I’ll take a look at some other blogs for inspiration!

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Congrats! I have a feeling little Luke is going to have alot of quilts in his future. :)

Linda Coleman said...

Hi Linda
How are you getting on with your new machine? Can't wait to see the cowboy quilt when you have it all finished
LindaC