Friday, August 26, 2011

Leah Day


 An Incredible Young Woman!
  

Do you all know about Leah Day?



I have been out of the “online quilting world” for several years, but upon researching youtube.com videos, I came across Leah Day.  She is a young woman in her early 20’s. She is an up and coming star in the quilting world.  I know most of you non-quilters think that quilters are mostly in their 50’s and older, but I am here to tell you that there is a whole new generation of quilting talent out there and Leah is at the top of the list!  In fact upon doing a google search for “Leah Day”, there is over 59,000 results!   As a hand-quilter, I have not kept up with sewing machine quilters, thinking it was only possible with a long-arm machine, but Leah’s free-motion videos prove me wrong on that one!   She has hundreds of videos that include free-motion design tutorials and they are all FREE!  I am just in AWE of this young woman!  She is just such an inspiration in so many ways, both from her personal story, her artistic talent (which is so incredible) her life’s insights and her pure determination. 

Some pages written about her:

Working It: Leah Day



Case Study: Leah Day Brings Free To The Quilting World




So, if you have not spent some quality time with Leah on her pages and blog, I wholeheartedly encourage you to get a cup of coffee (tea?) and sit a spell and enjoy the world of Leah Day!  It will be time well-spent!

1 comment:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing this.. will have to check it out!